All Images Are Copyright Protected

Please respect that any posted images are copyright protected. Please feel free to contact me directly for possible permission to use images from my blog.

Monday 8 May 2017

Hi, How Are You?

This is what met me (I embellished it a bit with the How Are You part lol) when I first looked down and saw one of the coolest beach finds yet.

My husband and I were walking down at the shores of Lake Ontario, easterly from the base of the Doris McCarthy Trail. There were a couple of recent land slides from all the rain, large sections of the clay and mud bluffs, along with their passengers, groups of tall ornamental grasses, blocking a couple areas of the stone walking way parallel to the lake.

The city had a warning gate up, no public access due to eroding shorelines and such. It's quite the drive down there so we figured we'll venture down the path, and just not go near the water line if it looks to be precarious, since we'd made the drive.

The shoreline looked fine, a lot of extra washing up of stuff, so we continued. The land slides from the bluffs proved to be the real issue down there. But, they had already occurred.

This time, we trecked slowly closer to the water's edge and in doing so, we found quite a few cool little trinkets, pieces of glass, some little brick pieces, and one little man made "stone" that just spoke to me :-) I was standing still, and John was mentioning up ahead the huge land slide that blocked the walking way, but I was already looking at the ground. "Hi?" was I really seeing what looked like Hi on a stone? I'm like "get out" and I took a photo of it. I figured it would just wipe off, but as I picked it up, I saw that it was a worn piece of cement that some thick metal wire had been exposed and that rust and that wire created the word on it. How cool! It wasn't perfect but it was certainly legible. So, I took the little thing home and I really have become quite attached to it!

So, besides that thing, there were a few other living things that were cool to see. We spotted 2 pairs of Red Necked Grebes, quite a lot of Merganser ducks, Terns, and a Herring gull pretty far out, floating on the water among the Long Tail ducks. We also saw a Pine Warbler, but I didn't get any good shots of it, nor any of the other birds for that matter this time. It was just nice to see them.

Seems we weren't the Only people not to heed the warning sign and closed gate, there were a few others down there and we met another couple just passing the gate as we were coming up, joking about what it is good to see what law abiding citizens we all are lol!























No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comments. it will show once it is approved.