All Images Are Copyright Protected

Please respect that any posted images are copyright protected. Please feel free to contact me directly for possible permission to use images from my blog.

Friday 1 February 2013

I Hate Diamonds and Gold - My 'Cheep' Birdy Ring

Huh? A chick who doesn't like diamonds and gold?! No way lol! Even if they Are her birth stone?

Yes way - most of my rings (unless inherited) are $40 and under. I have bought a few hand made and weird rings from Etsy, eBay and even while in Ottawa with my close artist friend. I love earthy and organic jewellery and silver is the closest to precious metal I'll usually get. I love most of all ethnic rings from India, Indonesia, Turkey, and hand made rings.
I found an awesome little ring which was under $10 and it reminds me of my boyfriend's and my passion - hiking and being surprised by cool sightings of birds, animals, beautiful stones, gorgeous light, flowers, butterflies and hundreds of small little finds :-)

I only began to wear lots of rings maybe 8 years ago. I am unsure why because my hands are "workish" hands and not elegant or pretty really at all. The nails suck and always have, which I too inherited. Maybe all kinds of rings remind me of something positive about my maternal Grandmother, who actually was quite beautiful looking, recalls for me my history, a little bit of where I came from - she always had rings stacked on her fingers, often white gold with diamonds though. When I think of her I see her hands first.





No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comments. it will show once it is approved.