All Images Are Copyright Protected

Please respect that any posted images are copyright protected. Please feel free to contact me directly for possible permission to use images from my blog.

Thursday 16 February 2012

Photo Project Idea!

I've gotten kind of used to photo taking being my creative outlet, in lieu of painting, the last year or so. I don't have an 80-200 that will fit my Nikon DSLR, but hope to again be able to afford one at some point. I really am thrilled to have found out I can use my manul 105mm portrait lens on my SLR though, and my boyfriend's manual 50mm lens too, from his old Nikon. I loved my portrait lens because I can get that real shallow depth of field I love and it is a very beautiful lens that gives nice soft gradation of values.


I have come up with an idea, from cropping some of my latest images taken at the shores of Lake Ontario in Whitby, Ontario. I want to do 9 square mounted images, and then mount them 3 rows of 3, on a darkish warm backdrop of wood or some such material, a sort of abstract piece featuring close ups of textures and patterns from nature that can then be hung on my wall some day.


These are a couple pieces that I may want to incorporate into this piece.









No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comments. it will show once it is approved.